- How to properly rig and de-rig a sailboat
- How to tack and jibe
- How to read wind direction
- How to tie all necessary knots needed to sail and set up a sailboat
- Water safety in general
- What to do if your boat flips or tips over
- Following course guidelines as dictated by Yachting Australia
- Ensuring safety on-water for all course participants
- Maintaining up-to-date first aid in case of emergencies
- Liaising with school teachers when conducting courses for a primary or secondary school
- Instruct children in basic sailing techniques.
- Plan alternative activities and instruction in case of inclement weather.
- Manage equipment and report damage.
- Communicate with children’s parents or guardians about activities, behaviors, schedule conflicts and related issues.
- Consistently met daily class attendance goals.
- Cultivated positive relationships with participants by interacting with them during group fitness classes.
- Explained the use of exercise equipment to all participants, prioritizing safety at all times. Greeted all members in a professional and friendly manner.
- Assessed individual progress and suggested appropriate changes.
- Explained class objectives and rules.
- Used heavy equipment such as anchors and 80 kg boats on a daily basis.