- Oversee a university residence hall floor of multiple culturally diverse students.
- Respond to diverse array of incidents that require quick thinking and interpersonal leadership, including flood and leak emergencies.
- Promote academic excellence, address student needs, and encourage involvement among residents in a way that supports the mission of the University and the housing department.
- Develop and present proactive, retention focused educational and community building programs.
- Enforce University and Residence Life rules and regulations resulting in a safe, orderly and enjoyable living environment.
- Counsel students on various personal and academic issues, and, if needed, refer them to one of the over 100 on-campus resources.
- Assist in the recruitment new Resident Advisors by conducting interviews and assist RLCs in facility or residential matters.
residential advisor/recreation advisor
- Supervised youth in an inclusive on-campus housing environment that promoted personal development, citizenship, involvement, and leadership through the practice of Community Immersion. Ensured that their building and its inhabitants were safe and followed all the regulations and procedures.
- Recreation planning and participation work at a full service health facility. Planned, ordered materials, and leads activities for students between the ages of 16-24.
- Discipline young adults and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as completing homework before playing outside and completing chores before going to bed.
- Help the students with school work.
- Be accessible to residents at various times throughout the day, including most nights and some weekends
- Assist students as they develop the interpersonal skills and individual responsibility.
- Conflict Resolution, such as residential disputes
- Policy Enforcement
- Crisis Response, such as fire alarms and medical emergencies
- Various administration roles
- Observed the behaviors and moods of residents to ensure they stayed on task during the rehabilitation process
- Operated computer to enter patient records
- Answered phone calls from clients and took messages when necessary for the nursing staff
- Filed patient documents
residential advisor (ra)
- Providing support to residents regarding problems, such as stress, mental health, physical health, helping them deal with crisis situations and helping create realistic action plans and finding further professional help.
- Setting an example and being a role model within the community
- Enforcing rules within the college
- Reacting to problems within the building and problem solving
- Working with a team of 8 other Residential advisors and with the Dean and Master of the College