- Provide technical support and services for scientists and engineers working in fields such as electronic textiles, defence textiles, medical textiles and general textile fabrication.
- Use computers to write design programmes for the operation and production of 3-dimensional fabrics on computer-interfaced knitting machines.
- Participate in the research, development, and manufacturing of various textiles using complex and difficult to knit yarns such as Dyneema, Kevlar, metal filament yarns, carbon fibre as well as conventional yarns such as wool, cotton and polyester.
- Starting in the workshop in 1997 as a Toolmaker, my role was to design and manufacture apparatus for project leaders to enable them to complete their projects. I moved into the knitting department in March of 1998.
- Performed canine/feline Leishmania ELISA assays
- Assisted in canine/feline necropsy procedures
- Manufactured ELISA plates
- Analyzed and reported study findings at weekly team meetings
- Maintained blood bank inventory
- Presented data to research, marketing and sales teams
- Kept detailed logs of all work-related activities
- Collaborated between researchers and communicated with coordinating laboratories providing a mutual understanding for experiments
- Followed standard operating procedures and IACUC protocols when gathering data and performing lab experiments. Ensured that all work areas were kept extremely clean and sanitized properly to avoid errors in research and contamination to research animals
- Input and edited computer entries from generated research using Microsoft Excel. Managed 5,000 animals for multiple research colonies while keeping genotype records for researchers.
- Administered IP hormonal injections to animals for breeding surgical procedures.
- Performed medical procedures on research animals for experiments such as gastric gavage, administering medication, nutritional management and cervical dislocation.
- Data Management / Lab Processing for subjects enrolled on Clinical Trials
- Preparation of CRA site visits, (SIV and Interim Visits)
- Involved in Clinical Preparation for an Internal Audit
- Conduct studies of environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess potential project impact.
- Implement, oversee, and monitor agricultural experimental activities on the site and off-site
- Undertake regional crop pest and disease survey
- Proficiently undertake field and lab based diagnoses
- Identification and classification of plant pathogens and pests
- Maintenance of biological cultures
- Ensure functioning and proper maintenance of laboratory and institute equipment.
- Maintenance of experimental crops in the green house