receiving manager/ key holder
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations on shelves and make sure shelves are properly stocked.
- Practice merchandising procedures to ensure that areas will run smoothly.
- Use computers to produce signage and place prices or descriptive signs on backdrops, fixtures, merchandise, or floor.
- Change interior display areas, or signage to reflect changes in inventory or promotion.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and handling merchandise.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that returns are processed and credited properly.
- Evaluate freight or inventory associated with deliveries to ensure that costs and counts are appropriate.
- Enter product information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods, received, and stored.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses,
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales. or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Complete return authorizations
- Manage and train receiving staff
- Work with vendors to resolve product issues
- Keep receiving area clean
- Process claims in our Merchandise Claims and Control department
- Receive products from vendor deliveries and unload trucks at the loading docks
- Compare packing lists to company purchase orders and ensure that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Update the product inventory as products are received and added to our inventory
- Replace damaged or missing products
- replenish inventory