- Inspect completed units to ensure that they meet specifications, tolerances, and customer requirements.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as CMMs, calipers, bore/air gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Read blueprints, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, certification processes or measuring instruments required.
- Disposition reject products and materials for rework or scrap via MRB.
- Remove defects, such as chips, burrs, paint over spray, etc.
- Check arriving materials/processed units to ensure that they match purchase orders and drawing requirements.
- Create clear and thorough work instructions for outside vendors for processes such as paint, anodize, conversion coat, etc.
- Monitor operations to ensure they meet production standard
- Inspect, test, or measure products
- Data entry/collecting data