- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Being a single QA in a large team of developers creating testing mindset across team and roles.
- Ship the product to production with no major defects
- Communication with the client on what to release and when to release
- Collaborate with developers on writing unit tests/help them think of cases they need to handle
- Due to my own interests setting up pipeline for the projects test automation
- Building processes that might help team maintain quality earlier in the software lifecycle
- looking for ways to prevent bugs from occurring in the first place.
- Social media platforms.
- ensuring the product is culturally compatible with the target market.
- using the plan to hunt down and fix software bugs
- Quality and timely delivery of editing, quality check of content and a complete hygiene check of whatever the interface exhibits.
- Uploading meticulous and accurate content and entering data pertaining to the work using several web interfaces.
- Comfortable with capturing results, communicating, escalating failures and providing status reports.
- Planned and achieved individual as well as team targets.
- Mastered both Listing as well as QC processes.
- Working parallel to the Technical Team for optimizing Automation in different processes.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Supervised a team of QA and coordinated activities with developers, Product Managers, Business Analysts.
- Conducted team status and planning meetings to facilitate open communication.
- Developed detailed testing scope, strategy, high-level test requirements, and required resources.