- Evaluate and select potential suppliers to gain the best quality, cost and delivery of purchased material consistent with required standards.Issue purchase orders, track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Works with manufacturing, engineering, and customer service departments to identify alternative suppliers within the Approved Supplier List where possible.
- Strong analytical skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.Maintain internal database with order details (e.g.vendors, quantities, prices, delivery information).
- Clearly understand China’s import and export regulations between the United States and China.
- Physically inspect customer vehicles that arrive for appraisals.
- Accurately enter all vehicle conditions on multiple platforms.
- Efficiently deliver and negotiate appraisal offer with customer.
- Generate and explain vehicle purchasing documents and title transfer forms to customer.
- Ensure that all vehicle documentation meets company and state motor vehicle standards.
- Communicate with financial Institutions to receive loan and lease payoff Information.
- NPI (New Product Introduction) – working with Project Team on new RFQs from customers (new and existing), sourcing suppliers, getting the best prices to ensure competitiveness; implementation of new product and supporting Production until the serial production starts
- Sourcing OEM restricted parts
- Sourcing suppliers and manufacturers (active and passive electronics, electro-mechanic components, wires and cables, PCBs, plastic moulding, etc)
- Sourcing distributors and brokers on part shortages and urgent demands
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
sr. purchasing specialist
- Review purchase requisitions and identify sources of supply Select Contract/Supplier to fill requisitions in accordance with approved Purchasing strategies.
- Contacting the vendors to check on the delivery status of the materials.
- Updating the Pricing on the Purchase Order after receiving the Pricing Confirmation.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Process payments and invoices
- Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future
- Develop a purchasing strategy