- Responsible to lead and supervise the procurement activities for all direct and In-direct procurement categories such as Ports Management Engineering Equipment, Spare Parts, Engineering Services, Port Operations Services, Information Technology (IT), Professional Services, Consultancy Services, Recruitment Agency Services, Facilities Management Services, Marketing Services, Events & Exhibitions, Medical Services etc.
- Developing, executing and maintaining consistent sourcing strategies, working towards a consolidated strategic supply base.
- Creating and implementing comprehensive procurement plans and strategies for all direct and in-direct procurement categories covering market trends, supply assurance, quality improvement, supplier development, sustainability, and financial & supply risk mitigation.
- Manage the planning and launch of RFIs and RFQs/Tenders.
- Lead RFQ/Tender subcommittees to ensure that supplier bids are evaluated properly, and selected goods and services conform to the specifications and fit for their intended purpose.
- Negotiate the right deals, with the right suppliers for best total value.
- Identifying, developing and leading projects related to cost reduction and delivering cost savings and service improvements.
- Analyse the business nature and procure execution of assigned goods and services
- Identifying new opportunities that will result in lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop the QTerminals Procurement & Supply Chain department to fully automated, strategic and integrated function.
- Implemented Oracle Purchase to Pay (P2P) System in QTerminals.
- Reviewing and processing requisitions to ensure timely order submission and negotiating costs, delivery schedules and contract terms.
- Creating and analyzing documented comparative costs submitted by suppliers in the company’s process.
- Monitoring and updating item, commodity and other tables as given.
- Establishing pricing and performance standards through contracts with suppliers.
- Negotiation with Suppliers.
- Annual evaluation and supplier registration.
- Scouting of suppliers.
- Improvement of the purchasing process and Visit to Suppliers.
- Responsible for Inbound and Outbound Logistics for Products (Completely Build units) – Road and Sea.
- Identify the right potential suppliers based on the project requirements.
- Quote analysis and lead commercial Negotiations.
- Negotiate with the suppliers on logistics cost for high volume parts / products.
- Negotiate payment terms / incoterms to enhance cash flow.
- Deep analysis on Spend across various segments.
- Conduct Business Review meetings with suppliers.