- Handling over about thirteen scientific journals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Coordination with authors, Editor in Chief, Publishing editor across US
- Gathering requirements for publishing a journal
- Quality Assurance of the articles published online and in the journal
- Working for one of the world’s top publishers,WILEY
- Accomplish the project objectives within the constraints of the project
- Excellent communication skills to persuade the authors and to understand their needs to move the project hassle-free
- Work closely with the Heads of Publishing, Editorial teams and to oversee the management of multiple online products
- Keep an high-level overview of all the projects for forecasting, planning and resource-balancing, while ensuring that detailed schedules for individual products are tracked and met- with a good judgment making and technical skills
- Independently format and prepare manuscripts for onshore freelance copy editors and designers
- Quality check the edits made by the copy editor and proofreader to deliver best in class product
- Acting as a bridge between the authors and the publisher to deliver the best possible solution to ease out production process
- Mentor and guide the new members of the team
- Work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Key influencer to team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning.
- Handled 10 journals from Springer.
- Has worked on 10,000+ annual journal pages.
- Has a better understanding of Publisher embargo and copyrights.
- Coordinated with authors, Springer Editors and internal Production teams in an efficient way.
- Managing books from Pearson UK.
- Being the central point of contact for stakeholders from Pearson and for the internal Production team.
- Vetting the internal and publication schedules.
- Monitoring the budget for processing a particular book and escalating things in cases where the actual budget would go over the allocated budget.
- Ensuring Publisher guidelines are adhered in proofs and provide appropriate feedback to the internal teams of Production.
- Coordinating with Rights and Permissions team, Authors, Portfolio Managers and Content Producers to avoid permission implications.
- Has been widely acknowledged by Authors and Publisher as an efficient individual in resolving complex issues across multiple books.