- Provided management and support to subordinates, reducing process gaps and promoting productivity.
- Supervised a team of officers in the patrol division.
- Triage calls for service based on the number of officers that were available verses the seriousness of the call for service.
- Police liaison for Mental Health Court and Neighborhood Watch.
- Coordinated and certified properties for the Crime Free Multi Housing Program.
- Conducted Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) inspections of properties.
- Wrote and served search warrants for violations.
- Mentoring and Development of personnel.
- Supervise and Coordinate personnel and assignments.
- Maintain discipline, evaluates personnel and makes recommendations regarding assignments and promotions.
- Reviews reports and conducts daily briefings.
- Field Training Officer Program Coordinator.
- Project manager of Department Policy update.
- Reserve Officer Coordinator.
- Managed daily operations of assigned patrol shift
- Provided tactical and administrative training to shift Police Officers.
- Ensured Department Policies and Procedures were followed.
- Oversaw the Police Department’s Explorer Program.
- Well-versed in criminal law and experienced in handling high pressure situations
- Planned, scheduled and supervised work of 12 subordinates
- Educated staff members on proper field procedures to boost efficiency and public trust in officers
- Served as a Police Officer that helped to handle any criminal cases and assist people in need
- Administered a $1.3M budget as the administrator of the Field Training Program, Crime Prevention, Code Enforcement and Community Services Programs.
- Administered the agency’s Community Oriented Policing and Problem-Solving strategies and Continued Knowledge and Skills Development for experienced police officers.
- Led by example in demonstrating leadership skills in positively influencing, motivating and supervising officers in their successful performance in achieving department goals and objectives in crime suppression, businesses and residential security and public safety.
- Assisted and evaluated police officers in the performance of their culturally diverse public service duties and responsibilities.
- Competently performed Pre-employment Personal History Background Investigations for new hired police officers and dispatchers.
- Grant research and writer resulting in generating over $325,000.00 in annual city revenue for three years.