- Operate multi-channel 2-way radio system
- Answer telephones and intercoms
- Monitor CCTV systems/fire/burglary/panic/distress alarms
- Process requests for service/assistance
- Enter information into computer aided dispatch system (CAD).
- Dispatch campus police officers to emergent and non-emergent situations across campus
- Run background checks on CJIS
- Monitor OpenFox for emergencies
- Monitor cameras across campus
- Monitor fire panel for any alarms
- Coordinate Springfield Fire, Springfield Police, and Massachusetts State Police responses on campus
- Performs telecommunications work in a dispatch capacity in the operation of radio transmitting equipment and other automated systems to dispatch and communicate with mobile public safety and other units. Plans and directs records, filings, safekeeping, and computerization of all electronic public documents.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals. Creates, maintains, and enters information into databases. Performs general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing, and record keeping
- Participates in a program of training which includes, but is not limited to, formal and informal: lectures, seminars, demonstrations, applications, evaluations, and examinations in order to acquire the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the classification of Dispatcher.
- Studies, retains, and successfully demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities attained from lectures, seminars, demonstrations, applications, materials, data, and any other sources of information presented.
- Maintains continued communication with personnel for the duration of incidents while assisting in the coordination of evacuations in the event of hurricanes and other significant events.
- Receive, Dispatch and prioritize calls and complaints from the public concerning crimes, and emergencies.
- Enter the information into the CAD system, check unit screens to determine which officers will make locations of the calls received, maintain contact with the officers through radio and messaging system.
- Preform record searches through Omnixx database on detained or in custody subjects, vehicle license plates, gun serial numbers, and stolen article serial numbers.
- Handle critical calls such as robberies, shootings, stabbings, barricaded subjects, officer involved shootings, set up quadrants for these types of calls through the two way radio and by using maps on the computer screens.
- Answer officer requests and fulfill any duties the officers need done for them whether it be ordering a wrecker or doing research on subjects related to calls they are on.
- NCIC – Currently serve as TAC Officer
- Cad Systems
- GIS Mapping
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and general computer systems.