- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, or construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Use survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, and test equipment, such as concrete strength measurers, to perform inspections.
- Perform minor plumbing, welding, or concrete mixing work.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes.
- Grind and reseat valves, using valve-grinding machines.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Make special pickups of recyclable materials, such as food scraps, used oil, discarded computers, or other electronic items.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Transports and stores hazardous chemicals.
- Carrying out scheduled water cleaning, using chemicals like chlorine.
- Tests the chemical levels in public swimming pools and other water systems and adjusts as needed.
- Maintained plumbing systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks,
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Maintain or repair plumbing by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Replace pipes
- Fix/ repair drain pipes
- general labor
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.