plant manager, field manager, and grower relations
- Independently supervise day to day operations of almond processing plant, fields, employees, and finances at multiple locations.
- Develop and implement new process and strategies of product flow and efficiencies resulting in a 60% product increase.
- Create and schedule shifts, as well as hire and develop training programs for new personnel to meet changes in seasonal operations.
- Keep maintenance records and track movement of all plant and farm equipment.
- Responsible for all harvest trucking, movement of product/bi-product, stockpile inventory in efficient time sensitive manner.
- Select, develop, and nurture relationships with vendors, contractors, and industry counterparts for gain and betterment of the company.
- Successfully sought out new, and maintained existing, relations with growers. Developing a consistent helpful rapport/relationship with growers to develop confidence, efficiency, and security in the field/plant relationship.
- Keep inventory of all plant supply and needs at multiple locations and pursue new distributors to meet those needs with cost effectiveness.
- Select and work with PCA to Develop nutrition, pesticide, and herbicide programs for multiple orchards.
- Maintain cost analysis for all plant, orchard, and trucking.
- Project manager for removal of existing orchards and planting of new orchards.
- Participate in Union contract negotiations.
- Educate and administer OSHA regulations along with Corporate Safety program.
- Develop Capital Improvements Projects and Cost justification.
- Manage all direct and indirect employees.
- With total 417 employees local and foreigner. To led a plant operation; with an Assistant Manager, 1 Senior Execs, 7 Engineers, 2 Senior Supervisors, 15 Supervisors direct reporting.
- Confer with other managers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Explore to improve productivity and reduce rejects, waste and downtime.
- Prepare department budget for financial year report.
- Ensure department KPI and targets are achieved with clear action and direction.
- Responsible overall process of value stream from compounding, dipping and final finished goods.
- Coordinate with multiple trucking agencies to maintain consistant product movement and scheduling.
- Possess and keep current all certifications and licenses to meet the needs of the application.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to effectively meet all employee needs i.e. safety, raises, concerns, team building, etc.
- Regularly meet with owners and other management members to discuss costs, currents status, growth, and projections.