- Take photos of the most pressing news stories for the site and the paper
- Edit and post-process photos taken during the day
- Curate and compile the photos for corresponding news story
- Photograph legal evidence at crime scenes, in hospitals, or in forensic laboratories.
- Choose settings and locations for reporter stand-ups and interviews
- Responsible for operating microwave trucks on daily basis to have the ability to broadcast live on location
- Shot/edited multiple stories on a daily basis for air.
- Worked with coordinating producer and executive producer to ensure content and scope of story.
- Responsible of a majority of the week’s lead stories.
- Shoot and edit long-form stories, set aside for ratings periods.
- Cover a wide-range of topics ranging from city and county government to human interest stories.
- Produce photo essays, which tell stories by way of natural sound.
- 14-time Texas Associated Press Broadcasters award-winner
- Experience covering Texas Tech Football, including more than 50 games.
- Experience covering high school football, including more than 200 games.
- Use a variety of cameras and lenses to capture images of events, life-threatening incidents or people in real life situations to create a news story.
- Use photo editing software such as Photoshop to edit or enhance an image.
- Compose headlines, captions or other descriptive tag to interpret a photo.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors to ensure images correspond with news stories.
- Operate camera equipment to conduct interviews and gather b-roll for news and sports, as well as run live shots.
- Edit gathered materials into VOSOT’s, VO’s, and packages.
- Gather content for social media.
- Provided photojournalistic coverage for 280+ events/news-media (Averaged 3 stories per day)