- Reviewed prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provided information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Maintained records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, or registries of poisons, narcotics, or controlled drugs.
- Provided specialized services to help patients manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, or high blood pressure.
- Offered health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
- Referred patients to other health professionals or agencies when appropriate.
- Day-to-day management of pharmacy activities.
- Staff performance management.
- Hiring new staff when needed.
- Reporting on daily sales activities (daily, weekly and monthly sales reports).
- KPIs monitoring.
- Implementing new strategies to improve pharmacy performance
- Conducting staff meetings and agree on pharmacy monthly and quarterly plans.
- Dispensing prescriptions in accordance with Pharmacy Board regulations
- Record and complete all dispensing in accordance with HIC requirements
- Implementing Forward pharmacy model.
- Supervising and helping our dispensary technician to Maintain dispensary adequate stock levels, and ordering of stock in accordance with the pharmacies’ policies
- Check Webster packs.
- Provide customer services in every aspect including but not limited to , Meds Check, Diabetes Meds Check and Clinical Interventions.
- Blood Pressure Checking, Blood Glucose Checking, Instore Celiac Screening
- Monthly reporting to required government bodies (not limited to the Drug and Alcohol Services, 5CPA/6CPA (DAA and CI claims)
- Maintenance of QCPP evidence folder
- Interviewed and screened new potential staff members