- Study and rehearse roles from scripts in order to interpret, learn and memorize lines and action cues as directed.
- Collaborate with other actors and directors to ensure the smooth interpretation and running of the production.
- Interact with the audience to obtain their participation and input for the performance.
- Portray and interpret roles, using gestures and body movements, in order to entertain live audiences.
- Write original or adapted material for dramas, comedies, puppet shows, narration, or other performances.
- Read scripts and confer with producers in order to determine the types and numbers of performers required for a given production.
- Study and practice dance moves required in roles.
- Attend costume fittings, photography sessions, and makeup calls associated with dance performances.
performer / assistant
- Held stationary post for several hours nightly, interacting with guests in character
- Follow guidelines for customer treatment and satisfaction
- Active, on-your-feet work; no sitting involved
- Ensuring each guest was entertained and immersed in the experience
- Assistant makeup artist for entire crew
- Frontlining employee out of over 40 others
- Collaborate with other workers as part of an ensemble.
- Actor in Saturday Night Fever, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and The Riverside Christmas Spectacular
- Waiter for the dinner portion of the dinner theatre
- Attend rehearsals
- Memorize lines, choreography and music
- Acclimated to change quickly
- Work with different types of people
- Acted in a number of roles directly interacting with live audiences, including comic and dramatic performances.
- Excelled in quick improvisation with audiences.
- Used skills and training to work on lighting design, costumes, make-up and props.
- Recognized as ” Outstanding New Performer” by company owners.