senior peer mentor
- Lead weekly meetings over professional development for peer mentors an advising staff.
- Supervise and train 17 new peer mentors in their daily tasks and obligations.
- Oversee advising lab operations and collaborate with advisors to improve the newly created peer mentor program.
- Conduct individual advising appointments for drop-ins on a daily basis.
- Facilitate group advising sessions.
- Manage daily activities for students
- Supervise and create various educational activities
- Facilitate new student training
- Serve as a peer counselor
- Settle Newcomers
- Organized programs and games
- Manage classroom
- Guide students
- Meet with their mentees (First-year students) once a week in their first semester and twice a month in their second semester for a minimum of one hour.
- Attend Peer-Mentor training in the summer prior to the beginning of the academic year.
- Attend and encourage their mentee to attend all appropriate program meetings, workshops, and activities.
- Participate in at least one community service activity each year.
- Submit Peer-Mentor/Mentee Meeting Logs once a week through our online web portal during the fall semester and twice a month during the spring semester.
- Complete a Mentor/Mentee Contract along with their Professional Mentor in which they will outline a set of clear achievable short-term goals for the duration of the academic year.
- Meet with Professional Mentors at least 4 times during the course of each semester.
- Received training and experienced working with underprivileged children. Provided interpersonal mentor-ship
- Provided crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur at schools.
- Directed various indoor and outdoor activities to create a constructive and supportive atmosphere for the children
- Prepared students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.