- Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture.
- Follow infection-control and safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions.
- Prepare blood-collecting equipment, draw blood, and safely store and transport samples.
- Work collaboratively with patients, healthcare providers and patient support departments to ensure a high quality of service.
- Analyze and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical ﬁndings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.