- Preparation of breakfast products such as croissants, brioche, cookies and cakes;
- Preparation of modern cakes, single portions, mignon pastry, candies, jams, bread, breadsticks, pizza and savory pastry
- Product storage;
- Cleaning and reorganization of work environments
pastry cook/assistant baker
- Preparation of breakfast products, cakes, croissants, cookies, brioches and tarts;
- Preaparation of bread, pizza, focaccia from the Italian tradition, in particular Sicilian specialties;
- Preparation of typical Sicilian pastries;
- Bake goods in a daily base for restaurant buffet and banquets.
- Use food preparation equipment
- Produce dishes using basic methods of cookery and use cookery skills effectively
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements such as low fat, gluten free and diabetic safe food
- Coordinate cooking operations
- Measure ingredients; estimate cooking time and temperature; measure and estimate material usage, quantities and ratios; measure equipment and processing parameters such as speed/throughout
- Prepare fillings, form and fill pastry products
- Produce gateaux, torte and cakes
- Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form bread, sweet rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, or other products.
- Responsible for daily bread and dessert production
- Combine measured ingredients in mixing bowls.
- Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form pie crusts, tarts, cookies, or other products.
- To check the quality of the raw material and weigh & mix ingredients.
- To prepare pastry fillings and to shape pastry goods.
- To mix and knead dough.
- To load pastries and cakes into ovens for baking/ cooking.
- To unload baked products from the ovens,
- To control appearance of the products by monitoring temperatures and baking times,
- To decorate cakes with cream or icing.