- Werribee Park is a park run by Parks Victoria near the town of Werribee.
- Conducted my internship during my university holiday in order to gain experience on working in Australia.
- Was involved in park maintenance, plant propagation, planting, weeding, volunteer management, mapping, and numerous other activities.
- Conducted a mapping project to map certain trees in the park and compiled their GPS coordinates and updated Werribee Park’s database.
- Presented with a certificate of training at the end of my internship.
- Feed park animals morning and night
- ensure their shelters were kept clean comfortable and structurally sound.
- take tours of the park for guest from all over the world and provide daily up close encounters with the local rescued wildlife in the park.
- maintain and clean park grounds, including task such as chainsawing, brush cutting and clearing paths.
- ensuring the park was in such a state as to not be of any unnecessary fire risk during summer months.
- landscaping for the city parks and park owned properties, which included but not limited to lawn mowing, weed whacking, hand weeding, hedging bushes, mulching, etc.
- maintain parks overall cleanliness by discarding of trash and cleaning restrooms.
- gave assistance to baseball fields when needed, this included chalking fields, placing mounds, setting up softball fencing and combing fields.
- helping festivals on park property such as setting up large tents and or trash assistance.
- painting lines for football and soccer fields.
- dumping of discarded waste such as hard trimmings and or unwated trees and rocks.
- Monitor assigned areas for overall public safety
- Identify hazards to patrons
- Observe patrons to ensure compliance with park safety rules and regulations
- Issue parking citations
- Provide direct assistance to park patrons for deposit reimbursement and posting of reserved parks and shelters
- Direcr patrons to picnic areas and other park locations
- Patrol and lock down park areas after hours
- ranging the park directing guests and educating those upon the animals and how to interact with them safely.
- The guest were open to touch and experience a large range of land with kangaroos, koalas and emus along with other areas not so up close and personal with other animals.
- Confer with other workers to discuss issues such as safety, guest emergencies, or staff needs over 2 way.
- Assist with emergency situations where indicated