- Responsibilities included working with multiple children with a wide range of needs and abilities.
- Helped to implement the students Individualized Education Plan along side of a head special education teacher.
- Helped to promote a safe and welcoming learning environment.
- Used PBIS intervention strategies to help promote positive behaviors.
- Aiding students on the Autism Spectrum with academic and social growth.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, behavior data.
- Aid in running student specific behavior plans and reward systems
- Perform light housekeeping duties, such as laundry, cleaning, dish washing, and changing of linens.
- Organize and store
- Accompany students on community outings and field trips.
- Design classroom bulletin board every month.
- Worked as kindergarten paraprofessional, primarily supporting activities pertaining to literacy
- Worked in lunch room and on the playground in a supervisory position
- Supported other teachers and paraprofessionals where required based on special events and increased student volumes
- Teacher assistant, and advisor for first and second grade exceptional need students at Lake Butler Elementary School.
- Plan and preform therapeutic activities for children with non-verbal autism
- Assist children in main stream classrooms
- Maintain a smooth transition for children from one activity to the next
- Follow lead teachers lesson plans and requests
- Preform any task directed by superiors
paraprofessional, special needs
- Preparing and organizing instructional material for students
- Providing direct student instruction (individual or group) from lesson plans
- Maintaining records and files for assigned student(s)
- Assist classroom teacher as time and conditions permit.
- Design, implement, and enforce behavior management plans
- Provide physical assistance to assigned students, as needed; including all activities during school hours, on campus or off (e.g., field trips, assemblies, playground, etc)
- Provide individualized “life skill” assistance (e.g., toileting, feeding, etc.)