Paralegal Resume Examples
- Legal Research: Preparing brief of evidence, preparing chronologies, analyse evidentiary issues, outline likely defences and consider maximum penalty and potential reduced sentence for criminal offences. Extensive legal research and assisting in drafting submissions.
- Advocacy: Attending court with solicitors and barristers, assisting in drafting bail conditions, submissions and sentencing materials. Independently representing clients in mentions at the Local Court before magistrates and court officers.
- Negotiations: Prepare representations to the Police on behalf of a client, including written negotiations for the purposes of obtaining a lesser sentence or a dismissal of charges against a client.
- Administrative Tasks: File management (LEAP Software) court filing, diary management, client care letters, court listing advice, booking legal visits and telephone conferences. Booking rehabilitation programs such as juvenile justice.
- Communication: Liaise with prosecutors to obtain criminal history and various files needed. Liaising with legal aid grants division regarding client’s matters and their approval. Listing a matter for bail variation and filing in court registry.
- Prepare a letter of instructions to a psychologist outlining the agreed facts and criminal history of a client. Lodging a Notice of Intention to Appeal a decision made in court regarding a client’s sentence.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients and attorneys. Create spreadsheets for exhibits, financial forms.
- Coordinate conferences, meetings, depositions, travel reservations for office personnel
- Electronically file pleadings with circuit courts, federal courts and court of appeals.
- Work with clients in completing discovery to prepare cases for attorney review
- Transcribe dictation.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before presenting to attorney
- Open, read, scan and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Investigate facts and law of cases and search pertinent sources, such as public records, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of case.
- Call upon witnesses to testify at hearing.
- Prepare and process legal documents, including motions, pleadings, complaints, orders, deeds, trademarks and probate estates .
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper and electronic filing system.
- File pleadings electronically with court clerk.
- Schedule and make appointments.
- Assist attorney in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Proof read briefs and other legal documents
- Draft visas application and check all documents required by the Immigration Department.
- Assist migration agent with day-to-day operations of files/client management.
- Legal research of Migration Law.
- Maintain database and files, answer phones and perform other office administrative tasks.
- Provide legal support to the immigration law firm in a fast paced environment.
- Assisting General Counsel in drafting of contracts, Service Agreements, Non‑ Disclosure Agreements
- Liaising with colleagues in UK, USA, Hong Kong
- Keeping track of deadlines, updating of executed/pending agreements
- Adhoc duties as requested by General Counsel
- Drafted letters to attorneys regarding subpoenaed records for review and scanned those records into the filing database.
- Prepared legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
- Called upon witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Met with clients and other professionals to discuss case details.
- Investigated facts and laws of cases and researched pertinent sources. (i.e) Public records to determine causes of action.
- Gathered and analyzed researched data. (i.e) Statutes, decisions, legal articles & codes,
- Closed active case files and converted paper files into e-files.
- Led research efforts to a $1 Billion plus Chinese Oil & Gas client, providing written opinions and serving as the lead translator and transcriber through client interviews, hearings, and depositions through the course of a $20 million dollar class action environmental lawsuit.
- Consult Chinese and American clients on 5 year business plans in compliance with US and China law. Consult the clients on financial growth and investment opportunities.
- Check for financial due diligences of all clients for their business and investing opportunities.
- Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in the real estate closing process, such as by reviewing title searches.
- Provides assistance in terms of drafting pertinent documents such as Special Power of Attorney and Extrajudicial Settlement for Right of Way Agreements.
- Can draft Board Resolutions, Secretary’s Certificate, Minutes of the Meeting and other corporate documents.
- Have a background on reviewing contacts.
- Can draft Lease Agreements, Contract to Sell and Deed of Absolute Sale.
- Ability to communicate and interact to the public.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Excel, and Power Point).
- Good analytical, organization, management and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work under extreme work pressure, heavy work load and deadlines.
- Tolerant and flexible, adjusts to different situations.
- Problem analysis, use of judgment and ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Career-driven, competent and result-oriented.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.