- implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of disabilities.
- implement individual educational plans (IEPs) designed to promote students’ educational, physical, or social development.
- Serve meals or snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, or social skills, to preschool students with special needs.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help..
- Attend staff meetings
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums
- Prepare lesson materials and bulletin board displays.
- Met with team of professionals from different disciplines to implement comprehensive action plan.
- Tailored lesson plans for students with emotional and cognitive disabilities.
- Set up visual aids, equipment and classroom displays.
- Provided diverse assistance to teachers, including clerical support, classroom management and document coordination.
- Maintained student safety in classroom and outside environments.
- Prepared instruction materials, including making copies, constructing bulletin boards and setting up work areas.
- Worked with individual students to provide personalized educational, behavioral and emotional support.
- Monitors student activities and behaviors on the playground and during student lunch periods.
- Monitored classes during testing or brief absence of the teacher
- Assisted teachers in classroom activities and performed general clerical tasks