- Answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Verifying insurance and obtaining authorizations.
- Greeting patients as soon as they walk in.
- Assist patients in frame and lens selection.
- Repair and adjust frames.
- Maintaining cleanliness of office area.
- Operated pre-screening machines for patients before eye exams including a retinal camera and auto refractor
- Assisted clients in selecting eyeglass frames and lenses
- Managed business recall system using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Instructed and counseled patients on insertion and removal of contact lenses
- Managed business Facebook page
- Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as scanning patient information, keeping track of insurance payments and invoices, or faxing referral letters to clinics
- Collecting & updating patient information and entering into ICare software system
- Facilitate doctor-patient communication
- Perform pre eye exam testing using eye medical equipment (ie. autorefractor, visual field test, eye pressure check)
- Submitting OHIP claims & billing
- Direct bill insurance companies through Provider Connect or Telus Health Portal
- Provided Pre-Screening tests with clients prior to their eye examination with the Optometrist.
- Generated letters using dictation for clients to be sent to specialists as per the Doctors referrals.
- Assisted clients to find proper eyewear for their prescription requirements.
- Maintanted contact lenses and supplies.
- Work part-time as an Optometric Assistant.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care.
- Educate patient how to insert and remove contact lenses.
- Assisted patients in preparation for examinations, assessing and recording pre-screening work-up.
- Obtain and record patients medical history and give visual acuity test.
- Schedule appointment on the phone and in person.