senior optical technician
- Provide training and supervision to technicians in the areas of substrate prep through replication, final testing and packaging.
- Participates in research and development trials and “engineering” work orders. Record all criteria needed to move projects from research and development into production.
- Create work instructions and in process travelers via Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Training of Replication Production Technicians, creating and updating work instructions on new and existing programs via MS Word and Excel.
- Some engineering replication, substrate prep, basic engineering trials.
- Produce several kinds of optics such as diffraction gratings, parabolic mirrors, prism gratings, nano structures, beam splitters etc. via UV curable replication processes.
- Produce waveguides with the use of phase shift interferometry and low intensity lasers passed through an autocollimator to achieve stringent tolerances in regards to flatness, wedge, clocking and alignment.
- Development of a concave sensor for the photography industry
- Manufacturing process development and validation
- Photography lenses innovation benchmarking
- Trials management on silicon wafer
- Educated clients about how to adapt to, wear and care for eyeglasses.
- Evaluated completed lenses to check compliance with customer specifications and accuracy against orders.
- Prepared work orders outlining all specifications for new lenses and frames.
- Adjusted frames to fit patient faces by bending and shaping with hands, tools and heat.
- Helped clients try on and select new frames and recommended lens options to meet specific needs.
- Maintained thorough records of customer information, prepared detailed work payments, processed insurance claims and collected balances from customers.
- Discussed optimal lens, coating and frame recommendations with customers to meet individual needs.
senior optical technician
- Responsible for operating and maintenance of multiple coating chambers and coating processes within a designated department without defined configurations and processes.
- Training Optical Technicians how to run multiple vacuum coating chambers.
- Reviews work orders and coating schedules and provides input to improve process/production cycles.
- Participated on Process Development Team, Focus Team, and Safety Team.
- Responds to work instructions in verbal and written note form.
- Calibrates and adjusts processes parameters within a designated department.
- Generates tooling factors within a designated department.
- Inspection and testing of diffraction gratings, parabolic mirrors and nano structures at different areas of processing.
- Prepare capability data, training materials, or other documentation for transfer of processes to production.
- Design, build, or modify fixtures used to assemble parts.
- Mix, pour, or use processing chemicals or gases according to safety standards or established operating procedures.