- Oncology staff nurse as well as charge nurse on Oncology Unit.
- provided patient care to oncology patients as well as medical patients. liased between patients and physicians to ensure patient comprehension of treatment plans.
- administered chemotherapy to inpatient cancer patients who were actively receiving treatment and needed a higher level of care than in an outpatient setting.
- administered medication and assisted in diagnotic testing hematology patients.
- recorded patients medical history, vitals and test results in medical records.
- monitored post op vitals, set up PCA pumps, fluids, reviewed pot op order and oriented pt to unit.
- performed all tasks with a patient center focus while seeking opporutunities for improvement of processes and treatments.