- Examine patients to assess functional, social, communication, or cognition.
- Develop comprehensive plans for immediate and long-term rehabilitation including therapeutic exercise; physiotherapy; counseling; cognitive retraining; patient, family or caregiver education; or community reintegration.
- School based occupational therapy responsibilities included but not limited to: Managing caseload of 40-50 students, coordinating interventions with multidisciplinary treatment team, speech and occupational therapy groups, individualized goal setting and treatment planning, attending Individualized Education Plan meetings, evaluating students’s visual motor, visual perceptual, fine motor, and sensory processing skills to determine need occupational therapy needs, and home care for students with severe medical needs.
- Skilled nursing facility occupational therapy responsibilities included but not limited to: Initial evaluation of new patients, providing client-centered care, creating and adhering to plan of care, communicating with team members, discharge planning, family and patient education, activities of daily living interventions, instrumental activities of daily living training, and documentation.
occupational therapist, founder/owner/operator
- Plan, implement and administer programs for Occupational and Physical Therapy to serve children after three years of age.
- Research and consult legal council to incorporate LLC with State of Missouri.
- Consult with accounting, medical and business professionals on strategies to conduct and administer fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
- Initiate the development of budgetary control systems, recordkeeping systems, and administrative processes.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to meet the requirements for billing therapy services to private insurance providers.
- Direct and conduct recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.
- Administer standardized, and informal testing to children with special needs to determine motor development developmental levels and plan therapy intervention.
- Observe students’ motor, sensory and behavioral development in educational and home environments in order to develop intervention strategies.
- Meet with parents and teachers to discuss their children’s progress, establish IEP objectives and evaluate the need for revision to therapy services.
- Collaborate with parents, teachers and insurance providers in the evaluation, and recommendation of assistive devices for home or school.
- Produce promotional materials for distribution to Pediatricians regarding services provided by Therapy 4 Kids, LLC.
- Transitioned from contract staff, to PRN and then full-time status managing multiple changes in home health setting across a large territory of 7 counties.
- Consult or coordinate with other rehabilitative professionals including physical therapists, speech pathologists, nurses, physicians and social workers.
- Treat patients for conditions such as COPD, Heart Failure, CVA, Fractures, and total joint replacements.
- Initiate and develop outlines, and documentation materials for use in the orientation process of Occupational Therapy staff.
- Develop instructional materials and conduct training for Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- Produce and implement documents for therapy audits to adhere to organizational policies.
- Expand and provide training for pediatric therapy program through coverage during staffing absence and training of new employee .
occupational therapist, program manager, area manager
- Plan and implement skilled rehab programs and services in skilled nursing facilities and assisted living centers.
- Train PT, OT, ST staff in organizational policies and procedures for the facility and Advanced Rehab Systems.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, PTA’s, COTA’s, and rehab techs.
- Maintain communication between director of nursing, physicians, facility administrators, and regional managers.