- Complete and submit documentation of services provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs nutritional screenings and follow up on assigned clients.
- Assists with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Documents all relevant aspects of nutritional care for patients in accordance with institutional and departmental standards.
- Utilize internal and external services via referrals based on determined need(s) of client.
- Create and conduct nutrition group education classes for clients.
- Performs nutritional assessments and follow up care involving review of patient charts, diagnoses, and nutritional history.
- Work in liaison with the Ministry of Health, Nutrition support officer, WFP and other partners in ensuring there is proper implementation of IMAM program i.e. Supplementary feeding program (SFP) and outpatient therapeutic program (OTP).
- Attend and actively participate in all the Nutrition meetings e.g. the District Nutrition Technical Forum (DNTF) and other Nutrition coordination meetings with the Partners in the County.
- Participate in the Operations meetings with World Food Program and the Cooperating partner to ensure that the SFP and GFD programs are effective.
- Organize and deliver SFP supplies to the health facilities based on the stock levels.
- Work with the DNO and other implementing agencies to ensure that there is proper coordination and integration of interventions from different stakeholders involved in health and nutrition activities
- Work with the Cooperating Partner (CP) Field monitors to ensure that SFP beneficiaries are linked to General Food Distribution program (GFD) during the retargeting process.
- Ensure that children under five years, pregnant and lactating mothers are screened on monthly basis and those malnourished referred for proper management.
- Develops and implements a nutrition care plan, as appropriate.
- Assesses patients’ educational needs. Develops and implements a nutrition education plan for assigned clients.
- Adhere to workplace policies and procedures, including confidentiality, documentation, channels of communication, workplace culture, dress code, and conflict resolution.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Determined client-specific nutrient and energy requirements, with consideration to specific lifestyles, physiology and medical concerns.
- Worked with gym trainers to resolve dietary issues, improve stamina and provide exceptional client satisfaction
- Uses motivational interviewing for goal setting
- Organize and carry nutrition education and trainings on Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition and High Impact Nutrition Interventions such as Infant and Young Child Feeding and Micronutrient supplementation to healthcare providers and the community health workers at Health Facility.
- Design and implement baseline survey on nutritional habits and food security of the people living in the target communities
- Design and implement village nutrition awareness campaigns and nutrition education programs (both ToT and community level training)
- Provide for ToT of Community Development Facilitators and promoters on nutritional issues
- Awareness building on nutrition and food security
- Identify potential income generation activities in the field of food processing
- Train interest groups on food processing/food safety
- Develop educational materials (IEC Materials) for nutrition education programs