- Gained experience working in the Peri-operative Unit, including work in Pre-Operation, Operating Room, and PACU.
- Collect specimens, such as urine, feces, sputum, or surgical biopsy samples.
- Apply compression stockings before surgery and sequential compression devices after surgery, as ordered.
- Transport patients to operating rooms or PACU, using wheelchairs or moveable beds.
- Accomodate incoming patients & collect important information (name, age, weight, height, vital signs, etc)
- Administer medications to patients as prescribed by physician
- Bedside patient care assisting with all activities of daily living of 9 to 18 patients per shift
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results, including glucose, in medical records.
- Prepare treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by comforting, seating and draping.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to the treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certifications, emergency drug and oxygen supply.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patients records.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Vital signs daily
- Blood glucose checks daily
- Assist surgeons, medical Doctors and nurses with dressing changes
- Assist patients with toiletry needs
- Insert catheters
- Take out IV’s
- Nurse Technician on Adult Intensive Care Unit
- Support medical team in providing exceptional care to patient and patient families.
- Provide for physical and emotional needs of patient and patient families.
- Take patient vital signs, reposition patients, provide airway cares, manage any patient input/output, ambulate patients, provide patient baths, transport patients to other areas of hospital,
- Meticulously charted all important patient data.
- Respond to emergency situations calmly and smartly.
- Ensure hospital rooms are clean and stocked with supplies.