nurse educator/ infection preventionist
- Clinical Nurse Educator responsible for all staff education and in-service design and provision. Maintained all staff annual competenices required for Rehab and Long Term care – including chronic illnesses, wound care, abuse and neglect, infection control, lifting and handling, quality issues etc.
- Directed infection control programs which included setting up data collection and reporting systems, advising specified personnel about necessary precautions
- Observed and educated nurses and visit patients to ensure high standards of clinical care provision.
- Monitored all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Consulted with institutions or associations regarding issues or concerns relevant to the practice and profession of nursing.
- Engaged in research activities related to nursing.
- Observed patients, charting and reporting changes in patients’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
senior nurse educator
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet rural nurses’ varying needs, abilities, and interests;
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach emergency nursing principles, techniques, and methods ;
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students;
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations;
- Prepare materials and classrooms for activities including writing instructional manuals ;
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of the NBV;
- Attend professional meetings, conferences, and workshops to maintain and improve professional competence;
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate students on topics such as acute nursing and mental health nursing.
- Write grants to obtain program funding;
- Collaborate with other nurse educators and professionals in the development of instructional programs;
- Write instructional articles on designated subjects;
nurse educator/staff nurse
- Assisted the medical team in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care especially in OB-Gyne, Pediatrics, Medical- Surgical, Emergency room, Community Health, Psychiatry and Elderly patients.
- Supervised and provided assistance to nursing students in the administration of medications to the patient (oral, intravenous and topical) and treatment to prevent duplication and errors.
- Ensures correct and complete documentation of medication, treatments and procedures done.
- Trained and supervised students in the proper care of patient like giving personal hygiene (i.e. oral care, bed shampoo, bathing and bed making)
- Assisted students in accurate checking of vital signs
- Assisted students in wound dressing, giving enemas, and applying cold and hot compress.
- Demonstrated to students and assisted patients on movements and transport, performs range of motion exercises and other forms of therapeutic exercises as ordered by the physician.
- Provide training and development to Public Health Nurses to ensure competencies are met and that patient safety is at the highest priority.
- Perform chart reviews on new nurses during and after the orientation period.
- Provide one on one training on the EHR (eClinicalWorks) to Public Health Nurses and dental staff.
- Develop training material for the EHR.
- Prepare and conduct an annual Nursing Skills Day.