- Manage, maintain and configure network devices (Layer 2 and Layer 3).
- Able to resolve Layer 2 and 3 network related trouble tickets and initiate to provide recommendations to resolve such issues.
- Work with Field Engineers during activation and troubleshooting of client’s connection.
- Reacting to network alarms and ensures network downtime and faults are rapidly fixed and proactively
- Monitoring of Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 backbone via NOC monitoring tools (Solarwinds and CACTI)
- Creates and maintains documentation related to the installation and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Manages and can troubleshoot remotely on different network equipments such as ZyXel and Huawei.
- Able to provision layer 1 to 3 circuits such as EPON, METRO-E, MPLS, BGP services.
- Responsible for managing and assigning VLANs and IP addresses.
- Provide on-call support to NOC on duty.
- Respond and coordinate with IPNET and Pre-sales Engineers to provide technical assistance and support in delivering the service.
- Monitoring of Linux based servers using Nagios.
- As per requirement create and update monitoring for linux servers and services using Nagios.
- Plot graphs for the services using Pnp4nagios.
- Managing System related issues.
- Checking for Error report on servers.
- Disk Management ( Adding new disk, managing slices etc )
- Troubleshooting with System startup phase.
- Can coordinate and assist with the vendor for troubleshooting and for additional services.
- Give Level 2 troubleshooting assistance to Consumer, Small to Medium Enterprise and Corporate accounts
- Working and troubleshooting on day-to-day problems via opening and closing tickets.
- Scheduling jobs through crontabs.
- Prioritize, diagnosis and resolve routine customer inquiries
- Troubleshoot problems and assist customers with product adoption and usage inquiries
- Escalation and follow-up on unresolved issues, serving as first escalation point including off-hours
- Manage customer interaction with utmost professionalism
- Monitor production systems and functions
- Manage day-to-day operational activities and monitoring systems
- Define and build the support and NOC systems and infrastructure