Nail Technician Resume Examples
- Clean and sanitize tools and work environment.
- Schedule client appointments and accept payments.
- Clean customers’ nails in soapy water, using swabs, files, and orange sticks.
- Shape and smooth ends of nails, using scissors, files, or emery boards.
- Apply undercoat and clear or colored polish onto nails with brush.
- Soften nail cuticles with water and oil, push back cuticles, using cuticle knife, and trim cuticles, using scissors or nippers.
- Maintain supply inventories and records of client services.
- Booking appointments for clients and accepting the payments
- Remove old nail polish and replace with new polish
- Shaping and smoothing the nails using a file
- Applying base coats and top coats onto the nails and toe nails with a brush.
- Advise clients on nail care and use of products and colours.
- Soften cuticle with water to push back cuticle and cut using cuticle knife.
- Applying acrylic or gel nails for clients to wish to have longer and stronger nails.
- Provided nail care services, including manicures, pedicures, shellac polish, and massages.
- Worked as a receptionist where duties included making appointments, handling cash transactions, making and receiving phone calls, and providing answers to customer’s questions.
- Maintained a clean and safe spa environment by disinfecting tools and any equipment customers came in contact with.
- Answered questions and made suggestions concerning basic nail health, maintenance, and nail style choices.
- Handled difficult situations pertaining to fungus, diabetes, and other potential health hazards.
- Cleaning the salon (sweeping, mopping, dusting off the tables, etc.)
- Selling gift certificates
- Answering phone calls (taking appointments, answering any questions the clients may have, etc.)
- Applying acrylic/gel nails onto the real nails to make them longer and stronger.
- Painting finger nails and toe nails after doing a manicure or pedicure.
- Designing on the nails (flowers, hearts, animal prints and such.)
- Disinfecting the equipment to ensure the clients safety.
- Client Liaison and Communication including satisfaction calls and offering the appropriate solutions to unhappy clients to retain them.
- Daily reporting to management on salon status and monthly reporting on salon growth.
- Salon environment inspections to ensure that all surpasses industry expectations.
- Talking to the clients to make sure they are happy with our work.
- Clean, cut, shape cuticles for both nails and feet
- Sanitize and disinfects tools and equipment
- Build rapport with clients in order to provide them the best solution for any needs they may have
- Maintains continuing education to meet TDLR standards
nail technician/manicurist/nail artist/basic on hair/basic on makeup
- Duties include providing nail and hand services to customers, such as basic manicures, artificial nails, gel nails, hand massages, hot-oil therapy, nail fills, nail repair, nail wraps and nail polishing.
- Hair Stylists are beauty service professionals who specialize in the fashioning and treatment of hair. Hair Stylist responsibilities include cleaning and cutting hair, offering hair care and hair styling consultations and recommending hair styling products, among other duties
- Makeup Artists are beauty practitioners who offer general makeup services or work in prosthetic design. Their primary duties include enhancing facial aesthetics through makeup, creating custom looks for clients.
- Perform various tasks including manicure, pedicure and applying gel polish.
- Kept manicure and pedicure equiptment sanitised at all times.
- Pride myself in keeping manicure room very clean.
- helped customers on products that best fit their personal needs.
- Stock ordering.
- Open shop including disarming security system, and helping customers settle in before other available nail techs arrive.
- Answer telephones, customer questions, setting up appointments, handle cash and card transactions.
- Keep work area clean, tools sanitized, washed and fold fresh & hot towels.
- Provide basic and deluxe pedicures and manicures.
- Close shop with other nail techs; cleaning up and prepping shop for next day opening; sweeping, replenishing towels, refilling all nail supplies.
- Create and maintain large returning client pool. Appointments, personal requests and walk ins.
- Track inventory of all shop supplies
- Expertise in basic and advanced nail techniques, including french manicures, airbrushing, gel manicures and pedicures
- Knowledge of cosmetology trends
- Understanding of sanitation and sterilization standards
- Up-sell treatments and beauty products, when appropriate
- Take an interest in customers (e.g. chatting with them during appointments and remembering their preferences)
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.