- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, listening assignments, and papers.
- Prepare and deliver music theory lectures to undergraduate students on topics such as music history, principles of tone, rhythm, sound, frequency, melody, and harmony
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom music theory discussions.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, listening exercises, and handouts.
- Have guest Musical Fellows come to the classroom and play instruments such as clarinet, trumpet, and bass guitar.
- Lessons on Music Families and Instrument Names.
- Keep up with developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and music conferences.
music professor/assistant band director
- Help with the Direction of the Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Concert and Jazz Bands.
- Teach three sections of music education including Music History, Music Composition, and Music Theory.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions and listening/hands-on exercises.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, listening assignments and handouts.