- Responsible for identification of patient arrhythmias, abnormalities or significant changes from baseline and reporting on the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor or other health care team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practices skill throughout working shift.
- Manages time efficiently in responding to patients and staff.
- Organizes paperwork accordingly.
- Monitors heart rhythm pattern of patients in special care unit of hospital to detect abnormal pattern variances, using telemetry equipment.
- Reviews patient information to determine normal heart rhythm pattern, current pattern, and prior variances.
- Measures length and height of patient’s heart rhythm pattern on graphic tape readout, using calipers, and posts information on patients records.
- Answers calls for assistance from patients and inquires concering patients from medical staff, using intercom and call director.