- Fastened seams and joints together to assemble components into sheet metal products.
- Measured work piece dimensions to determine machine operation accuracy.
- Positioned work piece against stops and properly aligned layout marks with die or blade.
- Skillfully marked designs into unique and mass-production items.
- Interpreted blueprints, drawings, and written and verbal instructions to set up jobs.
- Trimmed, filed, ground, buffed and smoothed surfaces, seams and joints of assembled parts.
- Cut, punched and threaded sheet metal using power saws, drill presses, hand and power shears and benders.
- Analyzed all required blueprints, drawings, work orders and sketches to correctly fabricate and install products and parts.
- Oiled machines and work pieces and conducted other routine maintenance.
- Observed safety practices and procedures to maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Troubleshot, repaired and serviced hand tools, power tools and other machining equipment.