- Transcribed approximately 5,000 words per day
- Worked with doctors’ offices to handle troubleshooting and special requests
- Maintained records with sensitive data, ensuring encryption and security requirements were met
- Prepared monthly invoices
- Purchased and maintained equipment and computer software
- Transcribe dictations for over 15 different radiologists across Kitchener and the GTA using a centralized system, consisting of patient histories, x-ray and ultrasound findings, and professional medical opinions, including further management recommendations and follow-up appointment timelines.
- Identify any errors in dictations, and consult with radiologists to obtain correct information, by e-mail, fax, telephone, or in person.
- Review and edit transcribed reports for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Save transcribed reports for technologist’s review to be sent to the referring physician’s office, and make any necessary changes and/or corrections as directed by the technologist.
- Work closely and effectively with the doctors and assistants from Immigration Medical Examiners by relaying immigration patients’ chest x-ray findings back to the office as soon as they are dictated, and entering results into each patient’s online case profile.
- Listen to the recorded dictation of a doctor or other healthcare professional
- Transcribe and interpret the dictation into diagnostic test results, operative reports, referral letters, and other documents
- Review and edit drafts prepared by speech recognition software, making sure that the transcription is correct, complete, and has a consistent style
- Translate medical abbreviations and jargon into the appropriate long form
- Identify inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a report that could compromise patient care
- Follow patient confidentiality guidelines and legal documentation requirements
- Perform quality improvement audits
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Reviewed, analyzed and managed coding of diagnostic and treatment procedures contained in outpatient medical records.
- Interacted with providers and other medical professionals regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures and regulations.
- Worked with a team of 6 stenographers and 20 doctors
- Transcribed and edited diagnoses before inputting them into patient files
- Kept an organized file system to access patients efficiently
- Assisted with administrative jobs including front desk when caught up with own role related tasks including booking clients for appointments, and dealing with requisitions etc.
- Trained new stenographers until they became independent
- Can type 100 wpm consistently