- Directly work with clients such as Tesla, Applied Materials, Flextronics for DFM and NPI’s
- Understand and relay design needs from designer to manufacturing
- Leading manufacturing process improvements and automation.
- Reduced scrap/cost for laser cutting vendors by 25%
- Incorporated EDM to reduce machining time by up to half
- Managed team of mfg. and IT engineers to automate SPC data collection
- Performing supplier audits and working with them to maintain yields
- Original equipment manufacturer(OEM) for TATA Motors India Ltd
- Experience in Design and Manufacturing of Plastic Injection Moulds
- Press line production and Die Engineering
- Monitoring Jigs and Fixtures manufacturing
- Cost Optimization of aeronautical products using Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) tools and manufacturing knowledge
- Designing welding and machining fixtures to improve lead times
- Collaborating with suppliers in Asia and also local for quality
- Performing GRRs and ensuring PQR
- Worked as a contract manufacturing engineer at Pratt & Whitney Advanced Coating Technologies
- Implemented a database for tracking tooling failures, identifying the major points of failure and allowing them to be redesigned to increase tool longevity
- Automated the calculation of quality statistics, reducing the time spent aggregating and and evaluating the data from two days to less than an hour
- Created 3D visual models of turbine blade coating specifications, allowing ambiguities in the prints to be found prior to pilot runs, reducing scrap parts
- Supervising installation of new devices.
- Developing a system of quality control to improve yield.
- Interpreting technical proposals and organizing the development and trial of new products.
- Coordinating a system of examination and trial runs in conjunction with subsidiary companies to improve efficiency of production line.
- Determine root causes of failures and recommend changes in designs or processing methods.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems