- Obtain signatures from recipients of registered or special delivery mail.
- Register, certify, and insure letters and parcels.
- Check mail in order to ensure correct postage and that packages and letters are in proper condition for mailing.
- Answer questions regarding mail regulations and procedures, postage rates, and post office boxes.
- Transport mail from one work station to another.
- Sort and organize mail and packages by routes
- Deliver to routes by walking and driving
- Scanning packages with hand scanner
- Loading mail trucks with packages and letter carriers
- Sorting and preparing mail at the post office
- Delivering and collecting mail along a designated route
- Collecting money for cash-on-delivery and postage-due mail
- Obtaining signatures for registered, certified, and insured mail
- Answering questions from customers about USPS procedures and services
- Ensured cargo was properly secured and compliant with all safety requirements.
- Organized mail according to type and service for distribution.
- Sorted incoming mail to ensure delivery to the proper locations.
- Maintained positive and professional rapport with fellow U.S. Postal co-workers in order to promote an effective working atmosphere conducive to the goal of the service provided.
- Responsible for distributing packages and documents for businesses, government agencies and institutions
- Ensured safety and quality of deliveries
- Maintained ethical and professional practices in order to meet company’s goals
- Walk designated mail routes to deliver mail and packages to correct houses.