- Sort material according to classification or catalogue numbers and return to shelves or storage areas.
- Inspect returned items and textbooks for damage and complete cleaning and minor repairs where required.
- Covering, labelling and recording of new books.
- Organise, label and prepare classroom text sets and other resources, including Book Club catalogues.
- Assist with library displays and events, including the Premier’s Reading Challenge Awards.
- Locate library materials for patrons
- Process new materials
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Manage reserve materials by placing items on reserve for library patrons, checking items in and out of library, and removing out-dated items.
- Deliver and retrieve items by hand or using push carts.
- Assist in the preparation of book displays.
- Distributed, collected and organised teacher resources to/from classrooms, such as maps, photographic equipment and 3D models.
- Solely responsible for updating a large set of classroom readers to a new classification system.
- Performed end-of-year tasks such as collating and storing classroom readers and resources such as board games and Lego.
- Assisted with library displays to promote specific reading programs such as CBCA Book Week and Readers Cup.
- Completed general book covering, shelving and laminating duties as required.
- Dealt with lines of parents to sign them up for Summer reading program
- Filed names and reading logs of all the participants
- Kept the student desk organized and exciting for children who approached it
- Gave thorough and clear information to parents about the program
- Prepared meeting rooms inside the library for monthly events open to newcomers of Palo Alto
- Maintained and organized workplace
- Planned and executed interactive activities at the end of each event as an entertainment and review for the attendees
- Provide reference services and assistance for users needing library materials.