- Kept track of all kitchen associates
- Made orders for customers
- Cleaned all machines at end of shift
- Made sure each order was correct when given to customer
- Prepared food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines according to our polices
- Maintained a great rapport with my teammates through good charisma, positive leadership, thorough training, supervising, assigning and constructive criticism when appropriate
- Reduced food costs by maintaining proper rotation of produce by dates to ensure that our ingredients are always fresh
- Verified proper portion sizes and consistency for high food quality standards for customers
- Maintained smooth and timely operations in preparation and delivery of meals and kitchen sanitation
- Inventoried kitchen sections and refilled supplies
- Clean dishes with detergent , rinsing and sanitation chemicals
- Performed proper food safety and sanitation procedure
- Coordinated and maintained kitchen inventory
- Received a promotion to lead cook/shift lead
- Ascertain that all prepared items are timely handed over to the serving staff
- Placed orders for materials and ensured that the restaurant obtained the best price per unit available
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for about 60 guests.
- Prepare food from scratch and follow the recipe.
- Prepare menus for the week.
- Take care of food cost and food quality.
- Checking all orders before they got to the table
- Training new cooks
- Checking Temps on all meats
- Cooking on slow days
- Sending cooks home if it was slow
- Make sure the kitchen was completely cleaned before closing up