- Pick up residents linens
- Wash linens
- Return linens
- Assist nurses in finding residents clothing if lost
- Fold laundry and linens
- Sort out linens by color and what they are such as Sheets, Pillowcases ect.
- Load up linens into a washer and apply the right detergent
- Once finished washing, take out linens and put in a dryer set to the right temperature.
- Once done drying fold, sort, count and mark clean linens and store them in appropriate closets
- Keep Laundry area cleaned
- Check for dirty linen.
- Collect dirty linen and throw it down the laundry chute.
- Wash and fold dirty linen.
- Remove trash, clean vents, and sweep floors.
- I washed and dried laundry according to hospital guidelines.
- Folded and delivered laundry to specific departments to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Deliver soiled linens to laundry; sorts, washes, dries, folds and returns clean linens to linen closets and resident rooms.
- Cleans laundry room, sorting and soiled linen tubs.
- Inspected soiled articles to determine correct washing method and identified items requiring special washing treatment
- Insured laundry was properly folded and stored
- Monitored the laundry room to make sure it was cleaned, organized, and well stocked
- Trained others in order to properly use the machines
- Assisted house keepers with day to day room cleaning and night calls