- Continued hands on learning of Trimble GPS
- Learn Trimble S7 Robotics
- Perform numerous surveys on military bases/military base clearance
- Ability to travel at a moment’s notice
- Work across the state in different environments/weather/elements
- Design or supervise the design of systems, processes, or equipment for control, management, or remediation of water, air, or soil quality.
- Co-operate with local councils in order to reestablish land boundaries.
- Work with small and large teams in order to successfully complete multiple tasks within a certain time frame.
- Aide the administration sector in collecting data in regards to a certain job.
- Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on land.
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles in accordance with the Land Survey Act CAP 33:01 of Botswana.
- Determine the extent of area and true position of property beacons.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Conducting topographic surveys to produce base-maps depicting the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features for transmission to District Land Use Planning Unit (DLUPU) for design of layouts.
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures and preparation of the user manual for the Continuous Operating Reference System (CORS)
- Assist stakeholders, government departments and the general public with information about surveyed properties within my jurisdiction.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Conduct survey inspections of buildings, townhouses, and villas to ensure the architectural drawings are same as built on site.
- Prepare survey reports and AutoCAD drawings for registration of Dubai Land Department, Dubai Development Authority, and Oqood.
- Spearhead all activities to compute measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of land and building.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using total station, levels, and satellite-based Global Positioning Systems (GPS).
- Undertake inspection toverify accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Conduct search of legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys.
- Coordinate site activity to prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents