- Prepare chemical solutions and media needed for lab-related experiments
- Assist in the conduct of research, including the collection of information and samples such as maintaining fly stocks and doing genetic crosses
- Perform lab testing for toiletries products such as shampoo, lotion, skincare and etc.
- Assist the chemist to update documentation
- Entered data in Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and Survey Filemaker Pro database
- Labeled, tagged, bagged, and cataloged collections
- Performed soil floatation for a range of sites
- Coordinated with Sam Noble museum to investigate and assess the status of collections held between the museum and the survey
- Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.Collecting specimens for laboratory testing.
- Preformed proper test on specimens.
- Reported results out in a timely manner
- Prepared specimens for send outs to reference laboratory.
- Assisted with minor procedures for send outs of pathology specimens.
- Ensured the lab was cleaned and stocked daily.
- Monitoring the computer lab
- Helping anyone who had a question or problem
- Cleaning computers
- Enforcing lab rules such as no food/no drink
- Prepared lab weekly closely following the professors protocol
- Responsible for making solutions and solvent
- Study basic principles of plant and animal life such as origin, relationship, development, anatomy, and function.Responsible for creating a clean, safe, and tolerable environment for students in lab
- Obtain patient orders from the physician and put them in the patients chart.