- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, or spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal or abnormal components.
- Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results.
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer for storage.
- Operate, calibrate, or maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, or computer-controlled analyzers.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures.
- Set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Provide technical information about test results to physicians, family members, or researchers.
- Support the professional lab technologist in collecting specimens, preparing them for analysis
- Running routine lab tests on blood, urine, tissue and other bodily substances.
- Performing daily QC and ensuring that every assay is within range.
- Stocking for the following shift.
- Supervision and assistance of first year Electical and Instrumentation students.
- Troubleshoot lab equipment and devices.
- Organization of course materials and assignments.
- Supervise students’ laboratory work.laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Receive and process samples to identify suitability.
- Prepare samples for testing using various types of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Label specimens accurately and distribute them to the appropriate department.
- Perform quality control as directed by the Laboratory Manager.
- Clean and maintain work area and all lab equipment and supplies.
- Addresses and evaluates internal and external client inquiries, concerns, and trends.
- Serves as client liaison for all medical, technical, sales, and support services.
- Documents client documentation and patient records.
- Performing specimen accessioining and processing.
- Reagent prep and analyses according to established procedures.
- Completing wet lab duties.