- Registered as Professional Chemist With the Association of The Chemical Profession of Alberta (ACPA)
- Good understanding of ISO-17025, ISO-14001 and occupational health and safety (OH&S) regulations.
- 11 year experience in interpreting analytical data
- 11 year experience using laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- 11 years of Environmental Chemistry experience working in an ISO-17025 accredited (ALS Laboratory)
- Obtained equivalency of my degrees, certificates from IQAS Alberta.
- Analysis of water/soil/products samples: For Extractable Petroleum Hydrocarbons (EPHs and Alcohols/Glycols, using GC-FID).
senior lab analyst
- Sample dividion and mixing using a Riffle splitter or Rotary sample divider
- Sample size reduction via Jaw Crushing
- Particle size reduction using a LM2 laboratory mill.
- Determination of Size Fraction Distribution.
- Determination of moisture content.
- Determination of ( LOI ) Loss On Ignition.
- Determination o f( TGA ) Thermo Gravimetric Analysis.
- Priority and alkylated Poly-aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH), Chlorinated and non chlorinated phenols by Gc. MS, Cresols and Nitrobenzene (CNB) ,oil and grease in water and soil.
- 11 year experience of Troubleshooting Excel spreadsheets, used for the calculation of data import and data upload into LIMS.
- Use current WHIMIS ( Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
- OH and S legislation; working in ALS for the last 11 years in Alberta.
- Preserve lab instruments for future guarantee of proper functioning as well as troubleshoot malfunctions whenever necessary.
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting skills
- Analysis on atomic absorption spectrophotometer