- Monitored the conduct of 80 prisoners in a minimum prison and ensured prisoners adhered to established regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitored security camera system day and night to protect lives and property
- Responded to calls in both routine and emergency situations.
- Directed guests around the building and answered questions regarding accessibility.
- Investigated all security and safety violations
- Enforce rules and keep order within the jail
- Supervise activities the inmates are involved with
- Aid in finding and connecting inmates with rehabilitation centers
- Inspect facility to ensure the safety of staff and inmates
- Search for contraband items
- Properly complete daily reports of all inmates detailing behavior and anything else of importance that has occurred
- Monitor mental and physical health of each inmate
- Guarding inmates via monitoring their activities during socialization, meal times, and while in cells
- Processing inmates when they first arrive to facility
- Creating jail records with essential inmate information
- Performing security procedures
- Care and Custody of Inmates.
- Head count of Inmates.
- Supervised visitations.
- Transported inmates to court appearances or doctor appointments.
- Maintains order and discipline through enforcing rules and regulations among inmates held in the facility while assuring a safe and clean environment exists for the inmates and officers.
- Monitors all actions and movements of inmates through direct cell block surveillance or through intercom and video systems; mediates any disturbances in the blocks.
- Inspects the blocks and cells to detect any contraband or unauthorized possessions.
- Processes booking paperwork.
- Dispenses meals and medication as directed.
- Operates control room and coordinates store call.
- May assist with transporting inmates.