instructional coach (contracted consultant)
- Demonstrate and provide researched-based instructional strategies that engage all students.
- Provide organized, individual and/or group learning opportunities for teachers as needed.
- Instruct and support teachers with curriculum software products, and classroom/curriculum-related technologies.
- Model lessons when appropriate.
- Provide encouragement and emotional support to teachers.
- Manage time and schedule flexibility that maximizes teacher schedules and learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge using a variety of assessment tools.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet teachers’ varying needs, abilities, and teaching styles.
- Observe and evaluate teachers’ lessons to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction that provides teachers with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate best practices
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques, or methods in subjects such as basic technology skills, integration of technology, and evaluation skills.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Common Core Curriculum and subject matter.
- Coached struggling first year and veteran teachers on classroom management
- Led whole school PD on technology, instructional practices, and management.
- Trained staff in using Nearpod as a informal data collection to drive in the moment changes to teaching and led whole school professional development
- Execute grade level planning, model effective instruction, analyzed weekly assessments, created small group instruction.
- Determine the scope of educational program offerings, and prepare drafts of course schedules and descriptions to estimate staffing and facility requirements. with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Counseled and provide guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues.
- Established, coordinate, and oversee particular programs across school districts, such as programs to evaluate student academic achievement.
- Plan and led professional development activities for teachers, administrators, and support staff.
instructional coach/beginning teacher support
- Assist teachers with instructional planning and preparation
- Identify and share resources to help teachers plan effective lessons
- Attend professional development to stay abreast of current best practices in education
- Complete classroom walk-throughs to provide feedback on the positive aspects of a lesson as well as areas to grow
- Assist teachers with analyzing data to differentiate lessons for diverse groups of students
- Lead professional development for teachers to share research based strategies
- Lead some PLC meetings on school level on topics of concern and interest