- Guide and counsel students with adjustment or academic problems, or special needs.
- Prepare reports on students and weekly work plans and communicate to supervisor.
- Attend professional meetings, conferences, and workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Working with special needs students to promote as much self sufficiency and learning as possible.
- Tutored and mentored students individually or in groups to help them master strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Collaborated with parents and colleagues in planning and establishing developmental activities to maximize learning potential
- Presented subject matters to students under the guidance of teachers using lectures, discussions or demonstrations
- Provided students with a positive and enthusiastic role model
- Observes and recording of behavior patterns and assists with developing appropriate techniques to reinforce acceptable behavior.
- Assisting students in academic and non-academic subjects.
- Monitoring and administration of student testing and scores.
- Assisting the teacher with the development and presentation of learning materials and instructional exercise.
- Tutor the students individually or in small groups.
- Oversee and supervise students during classroom activities, in the library and community outings.
- Filing, typing, data entry, coping, laminating, and answering the phone.
instructional assistant, vision department
- Provided instruction and classroom support to visually impaired students.
- Worked one on one with students to reinforce material being taught by the teachers.
- Prepared of material for students including Braille.
- Worked closely with vision teachers as well as classroom teachers to create an environment conducive to student development.
- Adapted teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Assessed student social, emotional and academic needs to plan goals appropriately.
- Adhered to predetermined behavior and academic plans and collaborated on adjustments.
- Provided support during classes, group lessons and classroom activities.
- Delivered curriculum in both one-on-one lessons and group learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based strategies to foster independence and social academic engagement, developed activities and integrated technology to diversify instruction.