- Managing care of hematology/oncology patients before, during and after infusion of immunotherapy and chemotherapy agents as well as blood products.
- Educating newly diagnosed patients and their families
- Coordinating patient care with physicians, coordinators, nurse practitioners, nutritionists, social workers, etc. to promote positive patient outcomes.
- Detect and respond to adverse drug reactions, with special attention to vulnerable populations such as the immunocompromised.
- Provide direct quality care to patients including daily monitoring, recording, and evaluating of medical conditions.
- Initiate and maintained IV lines, tubes and drains.
- Collaborated with cross-functional healthcare professionals to plan and execute ongoing patient treatments.
- Weekly lab collection and monitoring.
- Provided patient education regarding proper home medication administration.