health educator/preparedness coordinator
- Eliminate health disparities in Caswell County through community-based health promotion programs and community collaboration initiatives.
- Educate the community about behavioral risk factors such as physical inactivity, poor nutrition, and tobacco use.
- Develop risk communication procedures and protocols for the health department.
- Organize communication training for EPI-Team members (ex. Pack Radio training) on an ongoing basis.
- Perform Hemoglobin A1C and obesity screenings on adults and children
- Review risks and complications associated with condition(s)
- Educate and provide resources on nutrition, exercise and diabetes prevention
- Teach a weekly skills-based health curriculum in under-resourced high schools
- Provide high school students with a healthy opinion and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Help high school students to understand and learn about other healthcare careers.
- Teach high school students about a career path in public health focused as a community health educator.
- professional development sessions on health policy & advocacy issues.
- Provided health education to people living with HIV/AIDS in 5 districts of far western region of Nepal about skills needed for self care , maintaining quality of life and different methods of treatments.
- Organized stigma and discrimination reduction programs on local level.
- Conducted various capacity building measures at central and local level like support to develop policy and plans, Support in Treatment, nutrition, education to PLHIV, conduct advocacy, STI management e.t.c
- Advance health equity and improve health outcomes for young people